Get inspiration from Designer and Scientist
September 1, 2009
David Gallo — under water astonishments, bioluminescence, caphalopod.
Robert Full — biologically inspired design, design secrets from nature (distribute control to smart parts; use hybird solutions; do not mimic nature).
nature inspiration: Ask Nature. org
- Antoni Gaudi — pattern, shape, structure, sculpture, geometry, nature.
- Santiago Calatrava — skeletal structure of buildings.
- Cecil Balmond — surface, colours, shape, sketch, diagram, abstract readings.
- Zaha Hadid — blurred the boundaries between fashion and atrchitecture.
Kinetic structure Designer:
- Theo Jansen — kinetic structure, complex, robot liked structure.
- Ben Hopson — kinetic design and animation of products.
- John Douglas
Resource: KMODDL library from Cornell University
- Hussein Chalayan — dynamic fashion design, transformation on the stage, fashion show, Nitional experiments .
- Alexander McQueen — theatricality, dramatic , luxurious style, complex structure & layers ( oyster dress 2003) .
- Jean Paul Gaultier — theatricality, performancing fashion show;
- Yoshiki Hishinuma — bellow dress, Cubism dress, color, form, pattern, 3D folding structure.
- Elena Manderdini — cutting, holes, shape, fabrics.
- Givenchy Haute Couture — ( fall/win 2006-07) complex structure & layers;
- Oliver Theyskens — (ROCHAS 2005-06) details, dramatic.
- Arkadius — volume reinterprets tradional dress proportions.
- Irina Shaposhnikova — Crystallogtaphica, Cubism.
- Yeohlee — “urban nomad’ response the needs of the fostpaced city dweller of the 1990s.
- Rei Kawakubo — inserted a series of voids between the body and the dress to create distinctire silhouette.
- Junya Watanabe — looped fabric panels around the models and secured it in place with wire.
- Issey Miyake (Comme des Garcons) — volume, fabric.
- Transformation : basic principles and methodology of design / Roland Knauer.
- The power of fashion : about design and meaning / editors: Jan Brand, Jos Teunissen in cooperation
- Skin : surface, substance + design / Ellen Lupton ; with essays by Jennifer Tobias … [et al.].
- Skin + bones : parallel practices in fashion and architecture / organized by Brooke Hodge ; essays by Brooke Hodge and Patricia Mears ; afterword by Susan Sidlauskas.
- Nature design : from inspiration to innovation / edited by Museum Fr Gestaltung Zrich ; Angeli Sachs ; essays by Barry Bergdoll, Dario Gamboni, and Philip Ursprung.
- Informal / Cecil Balmond with Jannuzzi Smith ; edited by Christian Brensing ; foreword by Charles Jencks ; preface by Rem Koolhaas.
- Element / Cecil Balmond.
- The sculpture of Ruth Asawa : contours in the air / Daniell Cornell … [et al.].
- Design engineering : AKT Adams Kara Taylor / [edited by Hanif Kara]
- Techniques and technologies in morphogenetic design / guest-edited by Michael Hensel, Achim Menges + Michael Weinstock.
- Structure as architecture : a source book for architects and structural engineers / Andrew W. Charleson.
- Santiago Calatrava : 1951 : architect, engineer, artist / Philip Jodidio.