RP_Photo document 08_kinetic structure & Dress
October 1, 2009
Try out different placement of the kinetic structure on the dress.
1) Center + Front of the dress
2) L&R hand Sides of the dress
- compare 2 types of placement. decide to use the second one. ∵Placing all the kinetic structures at the frontside of the dress will make the dress lose balance. The kinetic structures are heavy and will stretch the frontside of the dress. Need attaching the same weight perspax at the back to balance it, it will make the dress become heavier. Placing the structures at the both sides of the dress will solve this problem. The system can be placed starting from the waist and have a symmetrical structure.
- sew the kinetic structure on the boning at both sides of the dress (holes on the kinetic structure are for sewing and the bolts)
- FRONT VIEW. the placement of the kinetic structure starts from the waist to the bottem of the dress. each side has 5 pieces of the structures. Motors are holding close to the front of the dress, because the barycenter of the structure is at the motor side.
- SIDE VIEW
- BACK VIEW
- Try to attach the skeletal structure to the boning and also connect it to the kinetic system