Research Project (w14)
October 24, 2009
25Oct – 31Oct
- solder the cables to the headers for connecting them to the Arduino board more stable.
- take off the light grey fabric layer at the back
- add one more layer to cover the batteries and cables, because the first Black Layer is a bit transparent.
- user evaluation plan (5 wearers)
- participant information statenment, onlooker participant information statenment, interview questions to onlookers, questionnaire to the wearer.
- User A (R) —- 11:30 – 13:30, 29th Oct, International House, 4 onlookers.
- User B (J) —- 15:30 – 17:30, 29th Oct, Wikinson Building, 7 onlookers.
- something wrong with one motor (first one) at the left hand side (kept making unusual noize)
- User C (I) —- 11:00 – 12:45, 30th Oct, lawn in front of the SciTech Library, 5 onlookers.
- unusual noize kept going during the thrid user evalluation period
- test the motors at the left hand side, not the problem of programming , battaies, connection,… test on the new motor, it runs all right. replace a new on. trouble was shoot.
- listen the record of the intervire, summary the user evaluation
- writing the thesis
- user evaluation
- testing, check everything working well (2 situations refer to the heart rate and the accelerometer )
- digiIn to the Arduino board, make it more stable
- fix the broke part after the user evaluation
- add flexible thread to connect the fins (tails) to the kinetic system
- change the blue fabric into light grey at the Back
- add something to the FRONT, make it to be Modern (try geometry pattern or aluminum foil )